Engineering & Design
Let us. turn your idea into a reality.
We offer full service design and engineering from inception to prototype to product development in the Midwest. With an emphasis on keeping it simple, we can handle engineering and design projects of all sizes and turn your idea into a success.
Services include design of unique machines or parts, and tooling for production, assembly and packaging. Designs may incorporate off-the-shelf components. Prototypes tested and evaluated in house.
We offer Reverse Engineering Services to assist your physical objects to bring changes to their shape and design needs. By using their 3D laser scanning technologies and 3D CAD software, we are able to assist you in capturing the measurements and enter them into their 3D Product Development software.
Our Reverse Engineering Services team will help you:
- Capture CAD data from current objects
- Product Design a new part to fit
- Performance surfaces
- Update CAD models for part tooling needs
- Redesign a product or part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process
What is Reverse Engineering?
Reverse engineering (RE) is the process of discovering the technological principles of a device, object or system through analysis of its structure, function and operation. It often involves taking something (e.g., a mechanical device) apart and analyzing its workings in detail to be used in maintenance, or to try to make a new device or program that does the same thing without copying anything from the original.
Reasons for Reverse Engineering
- Lost documentation: Reverse engineering often is done because the documentation of a particular device has been lost (or was never written), and the person who built it is no longer available.
- Product analysis. To examine how a product works, what components it consists of, estimate costs, and identify potential patent infringement.
- Digital update/correction. To update the digital version (e.g. CAD model) of an object to match an “as-built” condition.
- We have a CMM(Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- A Faro Edge 3D Articulating Digitizing arm with Dezign Works 3D Software for Solid Works
- Academic/learning purposes.
- Learning: learn from others’ mistakes. Do not make the same mistakes that others have already made and subsequently corrected
Please contact us with any questions that you may have pertaining to our products and services. Prompt service and response time guaranteed.